Monday, November 10, 2008

New level of motherhood

We went to the park with friends, today. Rion- in all his burgeoning indepence- insisted on choosing his outfit.
This is what he picked out:



His shirt is actually full body pajamas- the ones that are almost footy pjs.
His pants are thermal pajama pants over the bottom of the first pjs.
Topping off his ensemble are his Harley-Davidson boots.


Note that his pants are on backwards.
Isn't everyone wearing buttons up the middle of their backsides this season?


These are Rion's FAVORITE shoes. They are at least 2 sizes too big.
He would wear them to church if I let him.

This is why I feel I've reached a new level of motherhood. I went out in public with my child dressed like this. Some battles are simple not worth it. Who's he going to hurt? NOBODY! Just going with it made him ecstatic and my day much smoother. When the other boys started picking their own clothes, I gave them a couple of outfits to choose from. They got to make decisions while still looking like normal human beings. You know what? The earth didn't fall apart when I let him do it all himself. Interesting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gin Gin said...

umm, yeah. The buttons up the backside are my favorite part. You just leveled up! I'll give you 5 mommy AP for that. ;)

Kathy said...

What a good mom. I am glad you are blogging!