Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I am blessed.

I love my boys. I have been very overwhelmed, lately- contemplating the possible positives of some species eating their young. It's been a stressful few weeks.

My parents had another obligation, tonight. So, I had to take Sammy and Rion to ballet with us. William would normally pick them up and leave as soon as he got off work. Tonight, he waited around to try to help us with a fried computer in the office. So, the boys hung out for almost four hours at the ballet school while I worked and Ian had rehearsal.

They were incredibly civilized. They didn't fuss at all, only asked for snacks a couple of times and didn't whine when I told them no. They weren't running around or being the least bit noisy. Rion even made it to the bathroom every single time! There were parents from both Ft. Worth and Dallas campuses due to rehearsal. The boys were very polite and friendly to everyone. I received many complements on how cute and well behaved my children were.

Then, it hit me... I've got really good kids. Sure, they annoy me at times. They fight with each other and tease each other. They don't listen all too often. The littlest one is currently obsessed with poop art. But, when it all boils down, they're great, loving, polite little boys.

I had really been dreading, tonight. I was bracing myself for a horrible night. It was a good night. When all was said and done, I was given the much needed reminder of how blessed I really am. My boys are great and my husband supports and assists me every chance he gets.

Life is good.

No comments: